2001 College Place
Harlan, Iowa 51537
Children's and Youth Ministries
Children's and Youth Ministries are undergoing some major changes.We are adopting what is called Family Formation and includes Kindergarten through 6th grades. There are two main components to Family Formation: once a month family nights and home lessons. On the first Wednesday of each month both parents and children meet at the Rosman Center. The children will go to class while the parents listen to a speaker and receive instructions for the home lessons. During the rest of the month, parents will instruct their own children on their own schedule.
In addition to Family Formation we will be adding Children's Liturgy during the 10:30 Mass each week. The "Sunday Saints" will leave the mass at the start of the Liturgy of the Word and return at the offertory. They will have their own bible story, 'homily' and songs.
The new format of Family Formation allows us to give the adolescent parishioners their own youth night. They will meet three Wednesdays each month for fellowship, music, prayer and learning.
Plan on attending the 10:30am Mass on September 29, 2019. This is the feast of the Archangels and the official kick off of our faith formation year. After mass their will be donuts and a special presentation in the Rosman Parish Center.
Click here for a copy of Partners in Faith newsletter.
Sunday - 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Weekdays - varies, click on bulletin to the right
Holy Days - click on bulletin to the right
Feast of the Assumption Masses
Wednesday, August 14 - 5:30 pm
Thursday, August 15 - 8:15 am & 7:00 pm
Saturday - 4:00-4:30 pm
or by appointment
First Friday Adoration
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Holy Hour for Vocations 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Benediction 12:00 pm
- Sep 25 2019 6:30 pm - CYM Training for Sunday Saints
- Sep 26 2019 6:30 pm - Rebuild Together Meeting in Parish Office Meeting Room
- Sep 29 2019 11:30 am - Family Faith Formation presentation after 10:30 am Mass
1912 18th Street
Harlan, Iowa 51537
Readings for the week of September 22, 2019
- Sunday: Am 8:4-7 / Ps 113:1-2, 4-6, 7-8 [cf. 1a, 7b] / 1 Tm 2:1-8 / Lk 16:1-13 or 16:10-13
- Monday: Ezr 1:1-6 / Ps 126:1b-2ab, 2cd-3, 4-5, 6  / Lk 8:16-18
- Tuesday: Ezr 6:7-8, 12b, 14-20 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4ab, 4cd-5  / Lk 8:19-21
- Wednesday: Ezr 9:5-9 / Tb 13:2, 3-4a, 4befghn, 7-8 [1b] / Lk 9:1-6
- Thursday: Hg 1:1-8 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Lk 9:7-9
- Friday: Hg 2:1-9 / Ps 43:1, 2, 3, 4  / Lk 9:18-22
- Saturday: Zec 2:5-9, 14-15a / Jer 31:10, 11-12a, 13 [cf. 10d] / Lk 9:43b-45
- Next Sunday: Am 6:1a, 4-7 / Ps 146:7, 8-9, 9-10 [1b] / 1 Tm 6:11-16 / Lk 16:19-31