2001 College Place
Harlan, Iowa 51537
Children's and Youth Ministries
Children's and Youth Ministries are undergoing some major changes.We are adopting what is called Family Formation and includes Kindergarten through 6th grades. There are two main components to Family Formation: once a month family nights and home lessons. On the first Wednesday of each month both parents and children meet at the Rosman Center. The children will go to class while the parents listen to a speaker and receive instructions for the home lessons. During the rest of the month, parents will instruct their own children on their own schedule. You can view a sample home lesson here.
In addition to Family Formation we will be adding Children's Liturgy of the Word during the 10:30 Mass each week. The "Sunday Saints" will leave the mass at the end of the Introductory Rites and return at the offertory. They will have their own bible story, 'homily' and songs. No registration is necessary.
The new format of Family Formation allows us to give the adolescent parishioners their own youth night. They will meet three Wednesdays each month for fellowship, music, prayer and learning.
Registration form is available here for Family Formation and Defenders Youth Group.
NEW this year! T-SHIRTS for young and old! Click here for an order form.
Sunday - 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Weekdays - varies, click on bulletin to the right
Holy Days - click on bulletin to the right
October 31 - All Saints Mass 5:30 pm
November 1 - All Saints Mass 8:15 am
November 2 - All Souls Mass 10:00 am
Saturday - 4:00-4:30 pm
or by appointment
First Friday Adoration
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Holy Hour for Vocations 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Benediction 12:00 pm
1912 18th Street
Harlan, Iowa 51537
Readings for the week of October 13, 2019
- Sunday: 2 Kgs 5:14-17 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 2 Tm 2:8-13 / Lk 17:11-19
- Monday: Rom 1:1-7 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [2a] / Lk 11:29-32
- Tuesday: Rom 1:16-25 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5 [2a] / Lk 11:37-41
- Wednesday: Rom 2:1-11 / Ps 62:2-3, 6-7, 9 [13b] / Lk 11:42-46
- Thursday: Rom 3:21-30 / Ps 130:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6ab  / Lk 11:47-54
- Friday: 2 Tm 4:10-17b / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Lk 10:1-9
- Saturday: Rom 4:13, 16-18 / Ps 105:6-7, 8-9, 42-43 [8a] / Lk 12:8-12
- Next Sunday: Ex 17:8-13 / Ps 121:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 [cf. 2] / 2 Tm 3:14—4:2 / Lk 18:1-8